Reporting Anti-Social Behaviour
Our Neighbourhood Management team are here to help and support you.
To report any Anti-Social Behaviour to us, you can:
- Call our 24/7 Contact Centre on 0808 100 9596 - They offer advice and ask our Security Team to patrol for the incident you're reporting. The information you report will then be passed over to our Anti-Social Behaviour Team and you'll be contacted the next working day.
- Use our ASB Reporting Form - After you submit the form you'll be contacted by a member of the Anti-Social Behaviour Team the next working day.
Click the link below to fill in our ASB form:Anti-Social Behaviour Reporting Form
Please note: If you comment or private message us on social media, there might be a slight delay in our Anti-Social Behaviour Team contacting you. Also, any messages sent to your Housing Officer or Tenancy Enforcement Officer via text or WhatsApp won't be repsonded to or reported. The quickest way to report ASB is through our ASB form or the Contact Centre.
ASB Case Review - If you are unhappy with the way you feel your ASB case has not been resolved or you are still experiencing ASB, you can request an ASB Case Review- your case will be independently reviewed click here for more information.
How we are doing | Join a focus group
We want to keep you informed on how we are dealing with ASB in Wirral. We will update this page on a regular basis with our performance information.
Last updated: 10th November 2023
Interventions (2023/2024 financial year to date)
- 61 Warnings
- 2 Eviction
- 3 Injunction
- 1 Section 21
- 6 Anti-social Behaviour contracts
- 10 NSP
- 7 Good Neighbour agreement
- 11 Mediation
- 16 Referred for support.
- 1 Referral to police
- 5 Surrender of property
- 3 Witness Statements
- 3 DNVA appeal request
ASB Customer Satisfaction (2023/2024 financial year to date)
- Overall satisfaction with case handling - 85.2%
We survey all our customers once their case has been closed. If you are interested in joining our focus group please fill in the form below or Contact Us.
Our aim is to tackle anti-social behaviour (ASB) in order to create sustainable communities.
Anti-social behaviour can leave you feeling alarmed, harassed or distressed. It can include:
If you would like to read more about ASB terms and reporting, head over to our ASB glossary here.
Our Neighbourhood Management Team will enforce the responsibilities set out in the Tenancy Agreement, to make sure you can enjoy your home, and live in peace and quiet.
If you need to report an incident please fill in our Anti-Social Behaviour Reporting form above. If you need advice please Contact Us. We can arrange to meet with you at any safe location to agree a short term plan. We will not reveal your identity without your permission.
There are a number of actions that our officers can take to help you, including mediation, warnings, Acceptable Behaviour Contracts, or legal action.
- Make contact with all reporters within 1-3 working days, depending on the nature of the ASB.
- Complete an action plan with all reporters, detailing the steps we intend to take to tackle the ASB.
- Ensure all cases are closed formally either face to face or over the telephone.
Crime Maps - Type in a postcode, and a map of the local area will appear, displaying crime information, along with monthly statistics, trends, and lots more.
Neighbourhood Statistics - Find facts and figures about your local neighbourhood, called super output areas. Other information includes deprivation, population, education, health, etc.
Fix My Street - An interactive website, where you can report issues affecting your area. The site sends your report to your local council. You can also check other reports that have been made in your local area