Specialist Supported Services
We understand that you may need extra help and support in your day to day lives.
We have a number of support services to help people of all ages in all sorts of circumstances. We aim to enable you to maintain your independence by giving you the extra help you may need. With our support, you can feel safer and more confident in your home.
We provide a quality Sheltered Housing service throughout Wirral, which enables older and disabled residents to live happy, healthy and independent lives. See the Housing with Support section for further information.
If you are interested in finding out what's going on in your area, or if you would like to get more involved, take a look at our Get Involved section.
If you are finding it difficult to cope in your home due to age or disabilities, we can help wherever it is practical to do so. We do this by providing accessible housing to those who have mobility issues, by adapting your home to meet your needs.
Adaptation requests are treated on an individual basis. We can provide -
Minor adaptations, including:
- Grab rails
- Stair rails
- Level taps.
Major adaptations, including:
- Shower facilities
- Concrete works, such as ramps
- External rails
- Electrical appliances, such as loud doorbells.
We also offer help and assistance for other issues:
- If you have a hearing impairment, Contact Us to discuss specialist equipment. The Merseyside Society for Deaf People (MSDP) can also offer help
- If your home is too big, and you are finding it difficult to manage, Contact Us to discuss re-housing
- If you own or are thinking of buying a mobility scooter, please Contact Us for further assistance.
Are you at risk of falls?
If you answer Yes to three or more of the questions below, please contact your doctor for a Falls Prevention Assessment:
- Have you had a fall in the past 12 months?
- Are you on four or more medications per day?
- Have you been diagnosed with Parkinson's or have you had a stroke?
- Do you have problems with your balance?
- Are you unable to rise from a chair of knee height?
Tenancy Sustainability Service
This service offers low level tenancy related support services tailored to individual needs. We will visit you to see if you require this service, and you can have it for as long as you need, if you are a Magenta Living resident, are over the age of 55, or under the age of 55 and have a disability.
The Floating Support service can include:
- Regular wellbeing visits
- Welfare benefit entitlement checks
- Signposting to relevant services, including health services
- Assistance in accessing activities and daytrips
- Community alarm with 24/7 response (see Support Link below)
- Referrals to other Magenta Living services, if required.
Floating Support Costs
This service is can be funded to most people receiving housing benefit (exceptions apply). If you do not receive housing benefit, this service is still available, but there would be a weekly charge.