Magenta Living residents were thrilled to win six prestigious RHS Britain in Bloom ‘It’s Your Neighbourhood Awards 2018’. It’s the third year that Magenta Living residents have entered and the groups are going from strength to strength increasing their levels of achievement year on year.
The long hot summer meant keen gardeners had to spend far more time watering their fabulous displays and giving them extra love and care to keep their gardens in full bloom for judging day back in July. All their hard work paid off and the RHS judges were very impressed with our residents wonderful displays and commented that they have seen the highest standards being maintained this year.
This has been a fantastic achievement for all involved. The winners are:
- Jean, Karen and Connor from Bidston Rise won Level 3 ‘Advancing’ for their neighbourhood and Bluewood Park
- Josef from Neston Gardens received Level 3 ‘Advancing’ for his first year of entry
- Dee, Eddy and Mary from The Redshanks, Hoylake received Level 3 ‘Advancing’ for their first year of entry
- Julie and Lesley from Caithness Gardens received level 4 ‘Thriving’
- Alan, Chair of Prenton Residents Association, also collected two awards for all his dedication supported by Wirral Council working across all the Prenton communities, not Just Magenta Living neighbourhoods.
- Pat, Jan Dave and June from Brackendale high rise received level 4 ‘Thriving’
- Bill and Dena from Liscard House were the proud winners of the top award level 5 for ‘Outstanding’ garden of the year.
Bill said: “I’m in shock. I didn’t think we could achieve this top award and to come first in the Magenta Living Garden Competition 2018 too, this has topped such a wonderful year of gardening and we are delighted. I’m going back to discuss with the Liscard House residents about what we can add to our little oasis next year. We can’t wait for the spring to get gardening again!”
Maureen Davies Environmental Services Manager said: “I cant praise the residents enough that entered this year for the splendid work they are doing with their communities to brighten up our neighbourhoods and make them welcoming places to live and visit. All that take part are so enthusiastic and dedicated giving up so much of their time to improve outdoor spaces. We are already discussing what we can do as well as entering ‘Its Your Neighbourhoods Awards and thinking about entering all our high rise into the higher level of competition North West in Bloom Core awards 2019. Nearly all of the high rise schemes have lovely garden areas be it small or large so we believe with the help of Bill and other skilled gardeners we can raise the standards across all high rise blocks. This should also raise the profile of high rise living and demonstrate that the outside living spaces can be enjoyed just as much as the inside. Our residents are creating their own little oases of greenery all over its fabulous to see and be part of.”