Wirral Partnership Homes Limited trading as Magenta Living (“Magenta Living”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We think it is extremely important to keep any personal information we have about our customers secure and confidential.
What Are Cookies
For more general information on cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of the this site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
The Cookies We Set
When you submit data to through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.
For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
If you have any questions about our cookies policy, please Contact Us.
Laws apply to Magenta Living’s use of anyone’s personal information and everyone has rights regarding how their personal information is handled.
We have published this statement to tell you:
- What information we may collect about you
- How we store your personal information
- What we use your personal information for, and
- Who (if anyone) we pass it on to and how they use it.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect the following personal information about you when you first come to see us:
- Your name and contact details for use across Magenta Living, and by our suppliers and partners
- Detailed personal information such as age, sex, date of birth, ethnicity and whether you have any particular needs or preferences, so that we can understand our customers and their needs better.
For housing management purposes
- Your housing needs, so we can ensure your home is suitable for you
- You bank details and Direct Debit information for payment od rent or service charges (we only exchange the details with the account holder and the third party who manages our Direct Debits)
NB - if you pay us using your credit and debit card, we do not store the details, and we only exchange this information with the card holder)
- Benefit and council tax information, to verify your circumstances
- Details relating to the repair and maintenance of your home
- Information that you provide to your usual Magenta Living contact
- Feedback from our contractors, about their appointments with you
- Voice and video recordings for safety, crime reduction and quality management.
To enhance your experience with Magenta Living, you can:
- Give details of your friends, relatives or neighbours who you trust to contact us on your behalf, e.g. to arrange one of our services for you
- Give details of anyone to whom you have given a Power of Attorney to contact us on your behalf
- Provide your name and contact details for Customer Satisfaction surveys, newsletters and service information
- Give your consent for your name, image, video or story for brochures, advertising, press releases, social media or for use by the media
- Provide details about any complaints about our service or other individuals, or accidents or incidents involving you or your home
- Provide your comments about the services you have received from us or our suppliers.
Additional Magenta Living services:
- We will hold detailed information about youra and/or your family’s needs, if you ask for care and support services
- We will hold records of payments for any services you receive
- If we arrange insurance for you, we will process your details required by the insurer, and will receive account reports from the insurer
- If you contact us for financial advice, we will hold detailed information about your income and debts. We will keep this separate from our other information about you
- If you access any of our training and/or employment opportunities, we will ask about your employment and learning history
- If you access any of our other involvement and support projects, we will ask you for personal information relevant to those projects.
- We may hold information about your history,if it will be used to safeguard you, your household or our staff. This could include information regarding your credit history, or any offences you may have committed.
- If you make a complaint, we will keep the details separate from our other information we hold about you.
We may get information, or related information, from you, your family, friends, neighbours, our colleagues or public information sources, including credit reference agencies or the Disclosure and Barring Service.
We may also record factual information whenever you contact us or use our services, and of other action we take, so we have a record of what happened.
Where we store your personal information
We are committed to holding your personal information securely. This means that only our Magenta Living staff and contractors that need to see it have access.
If we can store your personal information solely on computers we will. However, there may be cases where we have paper copies instead of, or as well as.
The computer system we use is securely location at our head office (Partnership Building). Where we use computers (including laptops and tablets) outside our offices, they are secure and protected.
We may also use computers which are owned or managed by our suppliers; these computers are secure and protected.
What we use your personal information for:
- As above, and for providing our services to you
- Data sharing between organisations that are within Magenta Living
- Keeping in touch with you, understanding your needs and preferences, inviting you to events, and offering and booking appointments with you
- Telling you about changes to Magenta Living and its services
- Meeting your housing management needs and requirements, including (but not limited to) repairs, maintenance, relocation or exchange, routine inspection
- Managing payments from you to your account, and for accounting purposes
- Providing additional services, where available, at your request including skills training, adaptations, and every day support services
- Prevention, detection and prosecution of crime
- Informing our staff, contractors or others (as appropriate) about past incidents e.g. anti-social behaviour, for their protection, in line with our policies
- Meeting our legal obligations including to our funders or regulators
- When we, or your other suppliers, exercise legal rights, including under contract with you
- Other purposes - we may anonymise your information so that it cannot be linked to you. In these cases, we may use the data for any purpose.
Others we may pass your information on to
Normally, only Magenta Living will be able to access your personal information. However, there may be times when we disclose your details to others, as follows:
- Our suppliers, who enable us to provide our services to you, or who provide services on our behalf
- Housing contractors e.g. to undertake repairs or improvements to your home
- IT providers who own or manage the computers, phones or systems we use
- Our contractors, who handle your out-of-hours service calls
- Banks, e.g. to carry out payments through a secure system
- Companies that assist us in mailing out our leaflets / newsletters
- Additional staff resources, such as consultants or agency staff
- Our professional advisors and providers of financial services
- Our partner organisations whose purposes match with ours
- Training providers or learning institutions
- Other housing associations
- External assistance where you have agreed to the referral, assistance with money problems or support for domestic abuse
- Local authorities and government departments that provide relevant services for you, including benefits
- The police, fire services, health authorities or medical staff who provide services for you
- Utility companies
- For crime prevention or detection, risk assessment, resolution of complaints or other issues
- Local authorities, Safeguarding Boards, regulators, government departments and other public authorities, such as for preventing payment errors or fraud.
We may sometimes be obliged to disclose your personal data by law, such as by a regulator with appropriate power (e.g. the Homes and Community Agency – HCA), or court order. Information held by public bodies can be subject to Freedom of Information.
We do not give anyone else access to your information, in return for payment, for their marketing or commercial purposes.
Unless you pay your bills using Direct Debit, we will not usually retain your payment details. Whoever pays your bills will have to give us the payment card details each time they make a payment.
We will not share your personal information with anyone who claims to represent you, unless we are satisfied that you have appointed them, or they act in some recognised official capacity. There may be a delay in dealing with requests while we confirm the caller’s identity, or check that we have your approval to deal with them.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of any Magenta Living policy. The responses described in this privacy statement are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Where you make a contribution to our social media, we may also take the following actions in addition to any other actions described above:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our social media
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal or editing of any posting or material uploaded by you to our social media.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information. However, we may be unable to provide our services to you if we are unable to record and process certain details.
Accessing the information we have about you
You have a legal right to access information that we hold about you. If you ask us for this information, we will charge a fee of £10 to meet our costs. You can write to our Data Protection Officer at our registered office address.
We will respond to your request within 40 days, and in most cases we will be able to comply with your request. However, we may not be able to provide you with your request if your personal information contains details about another person.
Changes to our Privacy Statement
This statement may change. We will display the new Statement in all places where it can usually be found.